Firmware updates are a great way to improve the performance of your television. Updating the software on your Vizio Smart TV will give you access to new features and help keep it running as efficiently as possible. While firmware updating may sound difficult, the process takes just a few minutes and requires no special skills.
In this article I will tell you how to update Vizio Smart TV automatically and manually.
3 Benefits of Updating Your Vizio TV Frequently
When you update Vizio smart TV frequently, there are many benefits that you can enjoy.
The first benefit is that you will be able to stream music and videos easily. If your original version of Vizio smart TV runs slow, you can use an update to speed it up. Also, if your Vizio smart TV runs slow while downloading large files, an update will fix this problem.
Another benefit of updating your Vizio smart TV is that it will prevent any hacking attempts. Hackers often look for older versions of software because they are easier to penetrate than newer versions. If your version is older than the current version, hackers may be able to access your device and steal information from it.
Also, by updating your Vizio smart TV regularly, you can secure yourself against viruses and other harmful files. These files may be able to damage or even completely destroy your device, so it is important to keep them updated so that you do not suffer such a fate.
How to Update Your Vizio TV Automatically
The Vizio Smart TV is an updated version of the smart TV. The update comes with new features and functionalities. One of the many great features that come with this update is the automatic software update feature.
All you need to do is to make sure your Vizio Smart TV is connected to the internet, either Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
- If an update is available, the TV will check for it in the background and download it. The updating process will be on when the TV is turned off.
- If the TV is switched on, the updating process will be paused. This process will be continued once you turn off the TV. After the TV is done with updating, a notification will pop up to notify you that the software is updated when you turn the TV back again.
How to Update Your Vizio TV Manually
Smart TVs are designed to automatically check for updates and install them once they are available. However, depending on your Internet connection or some other factors, the automatic updates may fail. In such cases, you will have to download the firmware updates manually and install them on your TV.
To find out if you have any pending firmware updates and to download the firmware files manually, follow these steps:
- Step 1. Press the Menu button at the top of your remote control so that the Settings option is highlighted
- Step 2. In the Settings menu, select TV set-up > Software update.
- Step 3: In the Software Update menu, select Check now. If your TV has available updates, they will be listed here. If your TV doesn’t have any updates available, you are good to go!
A smart television can be updated in two ways: manually or automatically. While manual updates are simple enough and involve downloading an app from the Internet or accessing the application store on the smart TV itself, automatic updates are much simpler.
We hope the methods outlined above will help you to ensure a successful update for your Vizio smart TV. If you have any difficulties while carrying on the update process, don’t hesitate to share with us in the comment section below!