Are you looking for ways to turn off message blocking on Android? Millions of people all over the world are using Android-powered smartphones. In fact, it’s the most popular smartphone operating system at the moment. Most of you may already know how to block a number from messaging you, but what if you want to communicate with that exact number in the future?
In this article, we will show you what Message Blocking is, how it works and how to turn it off on Android phones. Let’s get started!
What Is Message Blocking?
Message blocking is a feature that helps block unwanted text messages from being sent to your phone. Your mobile carrier might offer this as part of their services. With Message Blocking, you can:
- Block incoming and outgoing text messages from specific numbers
- Block text messages from all unknown senders
- Block incoming and outgoing picture or video messages from specific numbers
- Block picture or video messages from all unknown senders
The message blocking feature works by simply sending an error message back to the sender that informs them that their text has failed delivery. This will make it seem as though your phone isn’t receiving any texts at all, but obviously this isn’t the case because you’re still able to receive messages from other people.
Image source: Unsplash (free image)
How to Turn off the Message Blocking on Android Phones
While Message Blocking is useful for some, it can be a source of frustration for others who might not know why they’re unable to receive SMS messages. You can get rid of this issue by following the methods mentioned below.
#1. Remove the phone number from the blocked list
Chances are you have blocked a certain number by mistake, and all you have to do is to remove that number from the list. The process to remove the blocked number on Android phones is different for each one. On most devices, you can follow these simple steps:
- Step 1: Go to the Message app, tap Settings and then Block numbers.
- Step 2: Tap Blocked numbers or Blocked list to check which numbers are being blocked.
- Step 3: Find the number that you’d like to unblock in this list, then tap Delete next to it.
#2. Reset Your Device
If the first method doesn’t solve the issue, you might want to consider performing a hard reset to your phone. After a factory reset, all current settings will revert to factory default settings. Thus, the current Message Blocking setting will also be deleted.
- Step 1: Go to Settings > System Management.
- Step 2: Scroll down to the bottom of the page, choose Backup & Reset.
- Step 3: Choose Reset All Settings, then enter your phone passcode to proceed with the hard reset.
In some Android phones, the hard reset will erase all current settings and data, so make sure you backup important files and datas beforehand.
Above are some simple methods that you can try on your own to fix the “Message Blocking is Active” error. If you have tried these methods, and it still does not work, the best fix is to call up your carrier and ask them for help. If you have any other good ideas on how to fix this issue, don’t hesitate to share with us in the comment section below!