Connecting your iPhone or iPad to your TV is a great way to enjoy movies and videos on the big screen. You can also mirror any app on your iPhone or iPad to your TV, which enables you to enjoy apps like YouTube, and Hulu on your TV. You can even play games on your TV, and use the iPhone as a controller (if the game supports controllers).
If you’re sitting in front of your Vizio TV trying to figure out how to connect your iPhone to it, you’ve come to the right place. In this article, we’ll show you how to do just that!
2 Ways to Pair an iPhone to a Vizio TV Wirelessly
It is possible to connect an iPhone to a Vizio TV wirelessly. The process of connecting the iPhone to a Vizio TV wirelessly is simple with a little effort. Below are 2 common ways to pair these two devices.
Method #1. Connect via Airplay.
You can use AirPlay to stream music, videos, photos, podcasts, and even mirror your iPhone screen right onto your Vizio SmartCast TV. What makes AirPlay even better is that it works wirelessly, so you don’t have to plug your phone into anything or use any cables. Plus, you can continue using your phone while watching something on the TV without interrupting what you’re watching.
Follow these steps to pair your iPhone with the Vizio TV:
- Step 1: Open your TV’s on-screen menu, select “Network,” then choose “Network Connection” and follow the on-screen instructions to connect to a wireless network.
- Step 2: On your iPhone, go to Settings > Wi-Fi and make sure that your phone is connected to the same wireless network as your Vizio TV.
- Step 3: Open Control Center and tap Screen Mirroring on your iOS device. Your devices will begin scanning for nearby compatible receivers and display them in a list. If you don’t see your Vizio TV listed automatically, tap AirPlay, then select the device you want to use.
- Step 4: Open the app you want to stream from on your iPhone (for example, YouTube). Tap the AirPlay icon at the bottom of the screen and select your TV from the list.
- Step 5: You’ll see a prompt on your TV asking you whether you want to allow AirPlay, tap Allow and start enjoying your content.
Source: Unsplash (free image)
#2. Using The VIZIO SmartCast Mobile Application.
You can also easily pair your iPhone with your Vizio TV using the latest version of the Vizio SmartCast app. Here is how to do it:
- Step 1: First of all, you will have to download and install the VIZIO SmartCast Mobile app on your iPhone or iPad. The application is available on the App Store for free.
- Step 2: Now make sure that your Vizio SmartCast device is connected to the same wireless network as your iPhone.
- Step 3: Open the application and click on the Devices option which is located in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- Step 4: Select Add Devices and choose HDTV from a list of options. Your phone will start looking for devices on the same network, then tap Connect when your Vizio SmartCast TV appears on the list.
- Step 5: Close setting and go back to VIZIO SmartCast Mobile app home page.
The SmartCast Mobile App will then display a connection code on your iPhone’s screen. If you’re pairing a sound bar, tap Yes to automatically connect to your TV as well. Your Vizio TV should then connect to your iPhone after a few seconds, which means you can now use your iPhone as a remote control for your Vizio TV.
Why Won’t My iPhone Connect to My Vizio Smart TV?
Pairing your iPhone to a Vizio TV wirelessly is simple and takes less than a minute. In just a few easy steps, you’ll be watching Netflix, Hulu, and YouTube on your phone through your Vizio smart TV.
However, if you’ve been experiencing some issues with the pairing of your iPhone to your Vizio Smart TV, don’t worry. Here are three reasons why your iPhone won’t pair with your Vizio Smart TV:
- Different network connection: make sure your SmartCast device is not connected to the same network as your iPhone.
- Older versions of iOS: check and make sure your iPhone is running on the latest iOS version.
- Older version Vizio Smart TV: make sure it’s updated with the latest firmware version.
Connecting your iPhone to Vizio TV is a very simple process, you just need to follow some steps and you are done. However, if you find any difficulty in getting your iPhone connected to your Vizio smart TV then you can get in touch with the technical support team of Vizio TV.
We hope you find our article helpful. If you have any other methods to pair your iPhone with Vizio TV, share with us in the comment section below!
There are other tutorials on our site about pairing smart devices such as How to Pair Soundcore Earbud, How to pair an Android Device with Vizio TVs, Simple Steps to Pair Oculus Quest with Your Phone or How to Pair Altec Lansing Speakers to Different Devices which you may find interesting to read.