Streaming content on a larger screen, like a Vizio TV, is great for those who want to share their favorite content with friends and family. Luckily, you can stream directly from your Android device to your Vizio TV.
This article will help you to connect your Android phone to Vizio Smart TV using 2 common methods: using Chromecast and Smartcast application.
2 Options for Pairing an Android Device with Vizio TV
Option #1. Using the Built-in Google Chromecast.
Chromecast is a thumb-sized media streaming device that plugs into the HDMI port on your TV. This technology lets you cast your favorite entertainment and apps from your phone, tablet or laptop right to your TV or speakers. This method requires the purchase of a Chromecast stick, which ranges in price from $30–$70 depending on the model.
You can follow the steps below in order to pair your phone with the Vizio TV:
- Step 1: Download Google Home app from Google Play Store and install it on your Android phone.
- Step 2: Power on your Vizio TV and plug-in the Chromecast into an HDMI port at the back of your TV set. Make sure both devices have Wi-Fi turned on and are connected to the same network.
- Step 3: Open a Chromecast-enabled app (for example, Google Play Music).
- Step 4: Tap the Cast button. It looks like a square with lines in it, or it might be labeled “Cast.” Click on this icon and then select “Nearby devices“.
- Step 5: Select the device you want to cast. VIZIO SmartCast TVs will display as an option if they are powered on and connected to the same Wi-Fi network as your mobile device. These steps will get you connected!
Option #2. Using the Vizio SmartCast Application.
Vizio SmartCast is an exciting app that lets you enjoy streaming entertainment on your TV. In order to pair your Android devices with the Vizio TV using SmartCast app, the Android device must support Android 4.4 or higher and have a minimum of 1 GB of RAM. If you’re running Android 7 or higher, location services must also be enabled.
- Step 1: Download the VIZIO SmartCast Mobile™ app on your Android device from the Google Play Store by searching for “VIZIO SmartCast Mobile”.
- Step 2: Once downloaded, open the app and Sign In or Create a new Google account (if you don’t have an existing one).
- Step 3: Once you sign in and open the Vizio SmartCast app, it will show an image of the home screen with “No Devices” in the center of the screen.
- Step 4: Select your TV from the list of available devices. This will automatically connect your phone to the TV. Enjoy streaming images/videos/music from your phone!
The easiest way to connect an Android phone or tablet to a TV is with a Chromecast. However, this isn’t the only way to connect your device. You can also use an HDMI cable, wireless HDMI adapter, or even screencasting for select devices. The best method depends on what type of device you’re using and what you want from your connection.
We believe you are now able to complete the pairing and casting process at ease. If you have any issues when trying the above methods, let us know in the comment section below, so we can try to help you again. There are other tutorials on our site about pairing smart devices such as How to Pair Soundcore Earbud, Simple Steps to Pair Oculus Quest with Your Phone or How to Pair Altec Lansing Speakers to Different Devices which you may find interesting to read.