We all know the feeling of getting lost in our own world when we’re listening to music, but sometimes it’s hard finding a way that will let you do this without having to turn up your volume or spending time looking for speakers.
If you’re looking for a speaker that provides great sound and can be paired with your other devices, then the Altec Lansing Orbit Speaker is the right choice for you. In this article, we will walk you through what Altec Lansing speaker is, and how to connect it with different devices. Let’s get started.
What Are Altec Lansing Speakers?
Altec Lansing speakers are a well-known brand of audio equipment. They first started in the early 1900s, and they have been manufacturing some of the best speakers in the world ever since. Their wired and wireless speakers, which can be found in homes, offices and other places, are designed with high-quality material to ensure their durability.
Altec Lansing produces many types of speakers including computer speakers, home theater speakers, Bluetooth speakers and more. There are several lines of products available today, including:
- Studio Series – These are high-quality studio monitors that are used by professionals.
- Sound+Style Series – These are stylish speakers designed to match your home decor.
- Innovation Series – These are multiroom wireless speakers that can be controlled by an app.
Altec Lansing speakers are perfect for anyone who is looking for a great sounding speaker set without breaking the bank. They have a wide range of speakers from small to large, so you will be able to find something that works for you.
4 Ways to Pair Altec Lansing Speakers with Different Devices.
Altec Lansing speaker is a wireless speaker, which means that it can be paired with other devices to stream music. As a new owner of an Altec Lansing speaker, you might be eager to pair your device with other devices. The pairing process is usually pretty straightforward, but there are some steps to follow to get it right. Let’s have a closer look at how to connect it with different devices.
1. Pair to an iPhone.
To pair your Altec Lansing speaker with a Bluetooth device, follow these steps:
- Step 1. Turn on the speaker. Press and hold the Power button for about 3 seconds until you hear a beep. This will put the speaker in pairing mode.
- Step 2. Turn on your Bluetooth on your iPhone by tapping Settings > Bluetooth > Turn On Bluetooth > Connect With Device. Make sure that it’s not connected to another device and that it is within range of your Altec Lansing speaker (about 30 feet).
- Step 3. Select the Altec Lansing speaker from the list of available devices. Once connected, you can begin streaming music from your iPhone to the speaker.
2. Pair to an Android Phone.
Similar to pairing with an iPhone, if you’re using an Android phone, here’s how to pair it with your Altec speaker:
- Step 1. Make sure the speaker and device are both on and within range of each other.
- Step 2. Press and hold the Bluetooth pairing button on your speaker until the LED flashes blue and red once every second. This indicates that the speaker is in pairing mode.
- Step 3. On your device, go to Settings > Bluetooth > Available Devices (or Settings > Bluetooth > Pair New Device). You’ll see an alert asking if you want to connect to the Altec Lansing speaker with your android phone.
- Step 4. Select “Speakers” from the list of available devices, then enter 0000 as the passkey when prompted on your speaker’s display (this is just a random number; there’s no need for you to know what this is). Your phone should now be connected to your speaker via Bluetooth.
3. Pair to a Window 10 PCs.
If you want to use your Altec Lansing speaker with a Windows 10 you need to pair it. Here’s how:
- Step 1. Turn on the Altec Lansing speaker and make sure its Bluetooth is enabled. The LED light should be flashing blue.
- Step 2. Open the Control Panel on your Windows 10 PC.
- Step 3. Navigate to Hardware and Sound > Bluetooth & Other Devices > Add Bluetooth Device from the left side menu.
- Step 4. Once there, click on “Add Bluetooth or other device,” then select “Look for Bluetooth devices.” Your Altec Lansing speaker should appear under Devices listed.
- Step 5. If prompted for a PIN, enter 0000 (four zeros). If prompted for a name for this device, type “Altec Lansing” then click Next until the pairing process is finished successfully.
4. Pair to a MacBook.
The process is slightly different from connecting with Window PC, but the basic principles remain the same:
- Step 1. Connect your MacBook and Altec Lansing speaker to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Step 2. Press and hold the Power button on the front of the Altec speaker until the LED lights up blue.
- Step 3. Click the Bluetooth icon in the upper right corner of your screen near the Menu Bar, or by pressing Shift + Command + B together, then select “Pair” from the drop-down menu below it. You can also pair your device by opening System Preferences > Bluetooth and turning on Bluetooth, then tapping Scan for Devices on your Mac computer’s screen.
- Step 4. Select Altec Lansing from the list of available devices on your computer and enter 0000 as the passcode to connect both devices together. Your speaker’s LED indicator will turn solid blue when it has been paired with your computer and ready to use.
You can also connect the Altec speaker with your MacBook through iTunes. Here’s what you can do:
- Step 1. Connect your device to the same Wi-Fi network as the speaker.
- Step 2. Open up iTunes and select “Altec Lansing” from the Airplay list in iTunes’ Source pane (or Control-click on an album cover in iTunes).
Altec Lansing speakers allow you to listen to music without having the wires get in the way, and it also allows you to take calls without having to pick up your phone. And pairing your speaker with other Bluetooth devices is easy as long as you have the right set of instructions and follow them carefully.
We hope you will find our guide on How to Pair Altec Speakers helpful and can give you a pleasant listening experience with Altec Lansing speakers. There are other tutorials on our site about pairing smart devices such as How to Pair Soundcore Earbud, How to pair an Android Device with Vizio TVs, Pairing iPhones to Vizio TVs Wirelessly or Simple Steps to Pair Oculus Quest with Your Phone which you may find interesting to read.