If you’ve been having trouble with your Boost Mobile data not working, there are a few things that could be the culprit. In this blog post, we’ll explore 4 possible reasons why your data might not be working and 4 ways you can fix it on an iPhone. Whether you’re having trouble with a slow connection or no connection at all, we’ve got you covered. So let’s get started!
How Can You Know If Your Mobile Data Has Problems?
There are several possible signals showing that there must be something wrong with your mobile data:
- You can not browse web pages without Wi-Fi. The pages show “No Internet Connection” errors.
- Your iMessage is not working: the messages are sent as Text Message (green bubbles) instead of iMessages (blue bubbles).
- You can not make or receive FaceTime calls.
- You experience slow uploading or downloading speeds.
- Your internet connection shows an “E” sign.
At that point, you might wonder why your mobile data is badly performing. Did you know that there are a few different things that can affect whether your Boost Mobile data works?
What Makes Your Boost Mobile Data Not Working?
Before you contact customer service, check out this list of potential issues and see if you can fix the problem yourself.
1. You are in the Poor Cell Services Area.
Geographic is considered as a common reason for mobile data not working. Maybe you’re in an area with poor cell service such as in the basement, in the elevator or on the hills, and you notice that your mobile signal showing only 1 or 2 bars, it is possible that your phone data will also be having trouble roaming.
2. You Have Reached Your Mobile Data Limit.
If you have registered for a limited mobile data package, chances are you’ve used up all your data for the month. To double check your data usage so far, go to Settings > Cellular > Current Period. You can choose Reset Statistics every month to track your monthly data usage.
3. You Are on Airplane Mode.
It might sound a bit weird, but this is one of the common mistakes people might experience. Simply put, if you’re on Airplane mode, you can not use the mobile data on your phone.
4. You Are Using VPNs.
Some sites have restrictions on visitors from certain locations. Thus, using a VPN and connecting through an unknown network is a popular workaround picked by most people. Although you can access the desired websites, chances are VPNs will slow down or outrightly disrupt your internet connection.
Image source: Unsplash
4 Ways to Fix Boost Mobile Data Not Working
Whatever the reason, it’s frustrating when you can’t access the internet on your phone. While there’s no one-size-fits-all solution, there are 4 simple methods you can try that may help get your data working again.
1. Toggle Airplane Mode ON/OFF.
The very first and easiest way to troubleshoot your mobile data is to turn Airplane mode on and off. To do that on iPhone, simply tap the Settings icon > Connection > then toggle the Airplane mode on/off, wait for 10 to 15 seconds before turning it off/on again.
You can also do it from the Control Center, click on the Airplane icon to turn it orange (Airplane mode is ON), then turn it gray after 10 to 15 seconds. By doing that, your data connection is refreshing automatically.
2. Restart Your Phone.
People might joke about restarting your phone as a cliché method, but it actually works in most of the cases. Just think of your phone as a mini computer, and it is obvious that restarting the computer does help to fix the networking issue.
Image source: Pexel (free image source)
For the iPhone models with a Home button, you can follow the steps:
- Step 1. Just hold the Home button until the power slide with Slide to power off notification shows up. Or you can also restart your phone by one-click to Assistive Touch > Device > More > Restart.
- Step 2. You now can swipe right to turn the phone off, wait for about 30 seconds and then do the same as step 1 to turn the phone back on.
For the iPhone X and latest models, you can follow these steps:
- Step 1: Press and hold the Side and Volume Down button at the same time. Once the Slide to power off notification shows up, swipe right to turn off the iPhone. You can also follow the same steps of using Assistive Touch to restart your phone.
- Step 2: Press and hold the Side and Volume Down button again until the Apple logo is on to restart the phone.
3. Disable Wi-Fi.
Wi-Fi internet is a culprit when it comes to your cellular data, especially on old iPhone models since it can interfere with the mobile data connectivity. Thus, if you are having trouble with your cellular data connection, turning off Wi-Fi internet might be one way to get things back up and running. You can go to Settings > Wi-Fi > Toggle OFF.
Or you can check the status directly in the Control Center, just click on the Wi-Fi icon so it turns gray to make sure only the cellular data is roaming.
4. Turn off the VPNs.
As mentioned above, VPNs apps can be a potential cause of slow mobile internet. To boost your mobile data, you can consider turning off your VPN app and try reconnecting without one first!
There are many different factors that can badly affect your mobile data connectivity. Above are just the simple ways to fix boost mobile data not working. If you have tried the above methods and it still doesn’t work, consider calling Boost hotline for further assistance!